Buy a Watch
It is important that you read and understand these terms and conditions before you place an Order
with us. By ordering any of our Goods, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Our Goods are age restricted. By placing an Order for the Goods, you are declaring that you are 18
years of age or over.
Please take the time to read and check your Order.Contact to us if you have any additional question:
- All Goods shown on our Website are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply you with the Goods (for example, because the Goods are no longer in stock), we will let you know by telephone or by e-mail and we will cancel your Order. If you have already paid for the Goods, we will refund you the full amount within 5 Working Days of cancellation (unless we reasonably suspect a fraudulent card payment).
- On occasion the Goods displayed for sale on our Website will not be available for dispatch until Work has been completed (for example, the Goods may be r undergoing a service or awaiting parts at the time your Order is made). We will let you know prior to acceptance of any Order if this applies to your Order. You can cancel your Order at any time before dispatch of the Goods.
- The images of the Goods on our Website show the actual piece. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Goods. Your Goods may vary slightly from those images.
- The packaging of the Goods may vary from that shown on images on the Website.
Price and Payment
Please be aware that all currency values in the Terms and Conditions are in EURO and are therefore subject to the current exchange rate at the time of transaction. This does not affect your Consumer Rights.
The price of the Goods will be set out in your Order. Our prices may change at any time, but price changes will not affect Orders that we have confirmed with you.
- The prices quoted on our Website are in Euros (€). Payments must be made to us in Euros and any refunds will only be issued by us in Euros.
- The price of the Goods excludes delivery costs, unless otherwise stated. Our delivery charges will be notified to you and will be added to total amount due and shown in the Order Summary page of our Website before you place your Order.
- It is always possible that some of the Goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before we dispatch the Goods so that where the Goods’ correct price is less than the price stated on our Website or in your Order, we will charge the lower amount. If the Goods’ correct price is higher than the price stated on our Website or in your Order, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of either continuing with your Order for the Goods at the correct price or cancelling your Order. We will not process your Order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you and you do not respond to our e-mail in relation to the pricing error within 5 Working Days, we will treat the Order as cancelled, notify you by e-mail and refund any sums already paid within 14 days of the date your Order is cancelled (unless we reasonably suspect a fraudulent card payment).
- You must make payment for the Goods at the same time as placing an Order, unless we agree otherwise, and in any event we must receive full and cleared funds prior to dispatch of the Goods. Unless we notify you otherwise, we can accept payment by the following methods if you are based in the Ireland.
- Credit card or debit card: Payments must be 3D secure.
- Bank transfer: We accept payment by CHAPS, BACS, transfers or international transfers. We will advise you of our account details prior to accepting any Order;
- If you are based outside Ireland, you may be requested to pay for the Goods by an international bank transfer.
- The Order Summary page of our Website will give you a breakdown of the price of the Goods, our delivery charges and any credit card surcharges and will display a total amount payable.
- All Orders placed before 14:00 Monday to Friday will receive the same day shipping. If you are based outside of Ireland, we will contact you with an estimated delivery date and any applicable delivery costs. All dates quoted by us for dispatch and delivery of the Goods outside of Ireland, though given in good faith, are estimates only and in exceptional circumstances delivery may take up to 2 months from acceptance of your order. Occasionally our delivery may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control.
- We cannot deliver the Goods to the following countries (the ‘Excluded Countries’): Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Canada, Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire), Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Nigeria, North Korea, Rwanda, Somalia, North and South Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan and Yemen. If you would like the Goods to be delivered to any of the Excluded Countries, we will use reasonable endeavours to arrange postage and insurance (at your cost) in advance of confirmation of your Order.
- Delivery charges will be shown in the Order Summary page of our Website and otherwise notified to you by a member before you place your Order if you are based outside of Ireland.
- We will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control or your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions.
- f.A signature is needed for receipt of the Goods by an adult (aged 18 years or over) at the delivery address (whether yourself or a member of your household). If no-one is available when the carrier attempts delivery, the carrier may leave a calling card for you to re-arrange delivery at a more convenient time. Alternatively, you may need to collect the Goods from your local delivery office provided you can produce adequate proof of identity. Any parcel that has been damaged or tampered with should not be signed for and delivery should be refused.
- We will deliver the Goods to the delivery address given in your Order. If you pay by debit or credit card, the Goods must be dispatched to the billing address of the card holder.
- Goods may be collected from our Premises but by appointment only. If our Premises are open, a weekend appointment must be confirmed by 5 pm on the previous Working Day. You acknowledge that we will not be liable for losses you incur, including travel costs, if you travel without having your appointment confirmed.
- Delivery of the Goods will be completed when we deliver the Goods to the address given in your Order or when the Goods are collected from our Premises.
- If you independently arrange for another courier to collect the Goods, delivery will be completed when the Goods are collected from our Premises. This means that we will not be responsible if the Goods are lost or damaged in the course of transit.
- You own the goods once we have received payment in full.
If you are based outside Ireland, you may also have to pay import duty or other taxes, fees or charges applied by customs or other authorities in the country of receipt. You must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the Goods. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. If you are unsure about whether these charges might apply to your Order, you should contact your local tax or customs office for further information.
- We may provide either a full or limited warranty with our pre-owned Goods for a period of 12 months, unless stated otherwise, from the date of delivery in accordance with our warranty terms and conditions. Please take the time to read and understand these terms.
- As a consumer, the warranty we provide is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described.
- Where your Order for Goods includes a wrist watch (‘Watch’), you should be aware that “water resistant” Watches are not waterproof. For example, Watches advertised as water resistant to 30 metres (100 feet/3 ATM) can only withstand splashes. Vintage Watches sold by us cannot guarantee water resistance.
- All our Watches are tested prior to sale to ensure that the advertised water resistance is accurate. You acknowledge and accept that we will not replace seals and/or gaskets or other parts if the Watch passes our tests before dispatch.
- Waterproofing (or “water resistance”), are described either in meters, or in bars (1 bar = 10 m = approx. 33 ft). It is important to note that the indication of the degree of water resistance in meters is a technical norm which does not correspond to an exact depth. “Water-resistant to 10m” does not mean that the watch can be worn to this depth, rather it indicates that the watch will resist pressure equivalent to a static immersion up to 10m deep. The wearer’s movements (diving, jumping, swimming, etc) as well as the force of the water (shower jets, river currents, waterfalls, etc) can considerably increase the pressure.
- Where your watch is certified as Water Resistant its water-resistance is ensured by a series of seals. Before any contact with water, it is essential to ensure that the crown and pushers of your watch are pushed in or screwed down, depending on the model. When your watch is under water, do not activate the push-pieces for the chronograph function, the minute-repeater or the second time zone. After swimming, make sure to rinse your water-resistant watch in fresh water so as to neutralise the potentially corrosive effects of sea-water or chlorine. The water-resistance seals of your certified Water Resistant watch undergo natural deterioration due to ageing. It is therefore recommended that you have a regular water-resistance check
performed once every year if your watch is worn during sporting activities or frequently comes into contact with water, or once every two years when worn in normal conditions. Never try and open the case yourself. In the event of water or condensation appearing under the glass, take the watch as quickly as possible to an authorized maintenance centre to prevent further damage.
Given the nature of our Goods, bracelet sizes may vary as they are not always supplied to us with a full accompaniment of links. A bracelet size will be requested from you before your order is dispatched or taken from a part exchange and we will endeavour to size the Goods to the requested size. Where a watch is advertised as having seals intact the bracelet will not be adjusted. Where the size exceeds our standard size, links will be supplied at your cost or at our discretion. If no bracelet size is given any additional links will be chargeable.
- If the Goods are sold with Paperwork, the age of the Goods is calculated from the date given on the Paperwork, which is when the Paperwork is officially stamped by the manufacturer or authorised dealer (‘Age’). You acknowledge that the date of manufacture may be significantly earlier than the Paperwork date.
- If the Goods are sold without Paperwork, it can be difficult for us to calculate the Age of the Goods, particularly for vintage Goods. While the Age has been given in good faith (calculated by reference to the serial number if reasonably practicable, owner information or other indicators), you acknowledge that the Age of the Goods listed on the Website is an estimate only.
- If the Goods are sold without Paperwork, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by us in relation to the accuracy of the Age of the Goods.
- Purchases made from our Premises can be exchanged, but not refunded, when returned within 7 days of purchase in unused condition. If no exchange can be made on the day a credit note will be issued for the original purchase price. This does not affect your usual consumer rights.
- Purchases made online may only be exchanged or refunded within 14 days of purchase if they are in an unused condition. Goods purchased online will come with a tamper-proof returns sticker which allows for the Goods to be tried on and examined for any faults. Returns will not be accepted if this sticker has been damaged or removed so please examine the Goods thoroughly to ensure you are completely satisfied with the product before removing this.
- In the event that Goods are returned from you following a cancelled sale, packaging and insurance will be your responsibility. . You shall send the goods back or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- Return postage, packaging and insurance will be your responsibility and you must follow our reasonable instructions. We recommend you use a tracked mail system and retain proof of postage. You must insure the Goods to their full value. You must ensure that you pack the Goods appropriately to prevent damage during transit.
- You must return any Goods that are Faulty (including Paperwork, links, user manual, service papers and Box as applicable) promptly and within 14 days of advising us of the relevant Faulty Good.
- If your Goods are Faulty on delivery and you are based within Ireland, we will refund your reasonably incurred return postage costs (excluding any insurance and subsidiary costs) provided you comply with our reasonable return instructions and you provide us with a copy receipt.
- If your Goods are Faulty on delivery and you are based outside the UK, we will refund your reasonably incurred return postage costs (excluding any insurance and subsidiary costs) at our discretion provided you comply with our reasonable return instructions and you provide us with a copy receipt.
- If you are based outside of Ireland we will charge for postage, packaging, insurance and all other taxes, fees and charges applied by customs incurred for work carried out under warranty. In all cases, you remain responsible for ensuring that you pack your watch appropriately to prevent damage during transit.
- If you are based outside of the Ireland, you may also have to pay import/export duty or other taxes, fees and charges applied by customs or other authorities for work carried out on your watch, particularly if you do not correctly complete the relevant declarations (if based outside the EU, ordinarily you should mark the watch as a ‘return for repair’). You must comply with all laws and regulations of your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. If you are unsure about whether these charges might apply to your order, you should contact your local tax or customs office for further information.
We are under a legal duty to supply you with products that are in conformity with the contract. You must inspect the Goods as soon as reasonably practicable after delivery and you must inform us promptly if the Goods are faulty or not as described (‘Faulty’) upon delivery or if you discover faults later. You must take reasonable care of the Goods and you must return any Goods that are Faulty (including Paperwork, links, user manual, service papers and Box as applicable) promptly, fully insured and within 14 days of advising us of the relevant Faulty Good. On confirmation by us following inspection and/or testing that the
Goods were Faulty on delivery and provided you were not made aware of the relevant fault at the time of purchase of the relevant Goods, you will be entitled to the following remedies: you may ask us to refund your payment less any reasonable deduction for loss of or damage to Paperwork if the relevant Goods (including Paperwork, links user manual service papers and Box as applicable) are returned within 21 days of delivery; you may ask us to replace the Goods, though you acknowledge that given the nature of the Goods that we sell, we may not be able to source a suitable replacement, and we are under no obligation to replace the Goods where this impossible or imposes costs on us that are unreasonable, taking into account, amongst other things, the value which the Goods would have if they conformed to the contract of sale and the significance of the lack of conformity, in which case your remedy will be limited to either a refund or repair subject to the terms you may ask us to repair the Goods, though we are under no obligation
to repair the Goods where this is impossible or imposes costs on us that we deem unreasonable, taking into account, amongst other things, the value which the Goods would have if they conformed to the contract of sale and the significance of the lack of conformity, in which case your remedy will be limited to either refund or replacement subject to the terms set out All refunds payable under this clause 12 shall be paid 14 days of the Goods (including Paperwork, links user manual service papers and Box as applicable) being returned to us following your election to receive a refund. You acknowledge that the Box and Paperwork (where supplied) substantially increases the value of the Goods and that absence of, or damage to, either will affect the value of the Goods. If you return the Goods with missing or damaged Box or Paperwork, we will make a reasonable deduction to the sum refunded to you not exceeding 25% of the purchase price. We reserve our rights to reduce any remedies if the Box or Paperwork (where supplied) is missing or damaged. Return postage, packaging and insurance will be your responsibility and you must follow our reasonable instructions. We recommend you use a tracked mail system and retain proof of postage. You must insure the Goods to their full value. You must ensure that you pack the Goods appropriately to prevent damage during transit. If your Goods are Faulty on delivery and you are based within Ireland, we will refund your reasonably incurred return postage costs (excluding any insurance and subsidiary costs) provided you comply with our reasonable return instructions and you provide us with a copy receipt.
If your Goods are Faulty on delivery and you are based outside Ireland, we will refund your reasonably incurred return postage costs at our provided you comply with our reasonable return instructions and you provide us with a copy receipt. Given our reliance at times you acknowledge that a reasonable time for completion of a repair may extend to several months for Events Outside Our Control, for example where manufacturer involvement is necessary to carry out the repair (including in the sourcing of parts). If you buy several Goods from us as part of the same Order, and only some of these Goods are Faulty, you may return the Faulty Goods in accordance but this does not entitle you to return other Goods which are not Faulty.
To discuss a problem with your Order, please contact the sales advisor You acknowledge that the Paperwork (where supplied) substantially increases the value of the Goods and that its absence or damage will affect the value of the Goods. If you return the Goods with missing or damaged Paperwork, we will make a reasonable deduction to the sum refunded to you not exceeding 25% of the purchase price. Returned Goods will be inspected by our servicing team and you will incur a charge for any Work necessary if the returned Goods are found to be damaged or otherwise compromised from you handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
Our Tights to Cancel
In certain circumstances, we may have to cancel an Order before the Goods are delivered. We will contact you as soon as possible if this happens.If we have to cancel an Order and you have made any payment in advance for Goods that have not been delivered to you, we will refund these amounts to you within 7 Working Days (unless we reasonably suspect a fraudulent card payment).
We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Goods for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes. we shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit or loss of business opportunity, arising under or in connection with a failure by us to comply with these Terms.
Events outside our control
We will not be responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our
obligations under these Terms that is caused by Events Outside Our Control. This does not
affect your legal rights. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control including Acts of God, collapse of buildings, fire, flood, severe weather, explosion, accident, war, act of terrorism, industrial dispute (not involving our employees), acts of local or central government or other competent authorities, interruption or failure of utility services, interruption or failure of our Website or IT system caused by third parties, or delays or non-performance caused by third parties including manufacturers, banking providers, the Royal Mail, DHL or Fedex.
If we reasonably suspect a fraudulent payment by debit or credit card, then we will not
dispatch any Goods and we will not carry out any refunds until authorised by our bank.